SnagFilms.com offers the broadest collection of great independent movies you can watch right now, on demand, for free, and share with others – films that entertain and inform, engage and inspire, satisfy every taste, encourage discovery and create community.
· Bigger isn’t always better. You can see Hollywood blockbusters anywhere. Come here for movies every bit as entertaining, but reflecting the passions of their independent filmmakers, not the box office driven-calculations of big studios.
· Quality matters. Fun user-generated footage is all over the web. On this site, you’ll find the work of professional filmmakers (or, in our student section, the next generation of pros). And every one of these films was selected by our passionate team of film lovers and expert programmers, so you can count on quality while being constantly surprised about the breadth and depth of our collection.
· Choice is important. You’ll find all forms, genres and points of view; new and classic; theatrical length and shorts; domestic and global; first-time efforts and well-known award winners. Documentaries, comedies, dramas and thrillers.
· Choice is really important. All of our free films are here, but we also offer films on a huge number of mobile devices and connected TV platforms. Click here for a full list. And you’ll also find a selection of newer films to buy or rent on iTunes and our cable VOD affliates.
· Filmmakers deserve more. We are honored to share so many artists’ films with you, because we believe that good films deserve the widest-possible audience. And we’re proud to share our advertising revenue with these filmmakers. We also give you in-depth information to help you get to know more about filmmakers and their films. And we’re constantly adding interviews and other features, so check back often for updates.
· Films should be shared. We want you to comment and rate – and to criticize and debate. Most of all, we want you to share these films so that you can start a dialogue; we’ve made it easy to do so in every possible way. And if you’re moved to learn more or to get involved, we’ll offer lots of ways for you to become a “filmanthropist”.
· This is your home for great films. The more you engage -- the more you tell us about yourself -- the more we can customize your viewing experience . We’ll give you personalized film recommendations , allow you to set up own playlist, send you e-mail alerts when new films arrive, and even share films and playlists with your friends whenever you want us to.
· Find. We have thousands of films here, so we want to make exploration fun and easy. On any film page, you’ll also see recommendations of films we and other viewers have found similar. No cold algorithm here – our recommendations come from both experts and casual viewers. You can also use our custom search tools, browse by topic, or tune into one of the great channels provided by our partners; with a few clicks you’ll be able to find a film you’ll love.
· Watch. By streaming films worldwide, on-demand, 24x7 and with no software installation or downloading required, we have radically expanded the audience for independent films. All you need is a decent broadband connection. Just click play, go full-screen, and lean back and enjoy our films. Please note: about half of our films can be viewed anywhere on the globe; the other half came to us with geographical restrictions. If you see “film not available in your location”, please follow the link and you’ll be able to browse titles available in your area.
· Snag. Take our films with you and share them. From any film page, you can open a virtual movie theater right in your webpage, blog, Facebook or other social network page, or just about any other place online you can think of, or share by email, “liking” and other one-click methods.
· Support. At their best, films don‘t merely entertain us; they engage and inspire us to take action. At SnagFilms, we call it “filmanthropy.” To help you take part, we’ve created a hub for information and action here, as well as relevant options on film pages. Volunteer time, donate money to related charities, spread the word and share the film – it’s all here at your fingertips.
· You can see many of our films for free on these devices.
· You can buy or rent a special selection of our newer films first from our affliates such as iTunes and cable VOD platforms.
For more information on SnagFilms, check out our frequently asked questions page.