SnagFilms provides an online video service offering a selection of movies, clips and other content (collectively, "Content") available on the SnagFilms.com website (the "SnagFilms Site" or "Site"), SnagFilms's affiliate and distribution partner websites ("Distribution Sites"), and other websites where users may embed the Content (these websites, together with the SnagFilms Site, Distribution Sites, and distribution platforms are referred to collectively as the "Sites"). Our video service, including the Content, video player, and any other features, tools, applications, materials or other services offered from time to time by SnagFilms in connection with its business on any of the Sites are referred to collectively as the "SnagFilms Services".
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through our Services, users can, among other things, and use all our services, view streaming videos, snag embedded players, post comments, create and share collections of films ("Collections"), and order products via third party products and services.
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages, such as usage behavior, number of pages visited, the number and type of videos streamed, the number of players snagged, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., AOL, Earthlink).
We may also collect personally identifiable information, including the following:
- information you provide to us, including your name, email address, location, birth date, gender, likes, favorite movies, interests, and friends on third party sites;
- information automatically collected when you use our Services, such as your location and information collected via cookies, web beacons, or embedded data collection technologies;
- information from other commercially available sources, such as data aggregators, public databases, or our business partners, which may include your interests, purchasing behavior and your online activities, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed.
"Web beacons" or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may and other third parties may use web beacons on this Site from time to time for this and other purposes.
II. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTY SITES, SPONSORS AND THIRD PARTY AD SERVERS
Some of our pages contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices. Please be aware that SnagFilms does not warn you when you have chosen to link through to another website from the SnagFilms Site.
SnagFilms sometimes may offer content that is sponsored by or co-branded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the site activity. We have no control over use of this information by these third parties.
III. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you and to improve the user experience we provide.
While using the SnagFilms Site you will have opportunities including without limitation to comment on movies and individual pages, and to create Collections of films, and to create a Queue ("User Content"). If you choose to submit content for publication, we may publish your user name and other information you have provided to us, including but not limited to your photo and bio. Please understand that when you post such information, it is made public and is not subject to this policy. If you remove User Content, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your User Content.
We reserve the right to make all of the following information about you available to all other users of the Services: (a) any information you choose to include in your user profile (including, without limitation, your user name, bio, favorite films, and other personal details you choose to share); (b) any videos or other personal media content you submit to us; (c) your SnagFilms user name and friends; and (d) the date you registered to become a member of, and last logged into, the Service. Your name and, depending on privacy settings, email address, may be used when you invite another person to join SnagFilms, or when you request to add another member to your friends list.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
Anonymous data is information (whether it was originally personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable) that subsequently is used in aggregate form. We may use anonymous data for purposes of research or analysis. We may conduct research on our customer demographics, internet usage, and interests and behavior based on personal data we gather. Although anonymous data may be based in part on personal data, it does not identify you personally. SnagFilms may share this type of anonymous data with a variety of third parties, including its affiliates, advertisers and other current and prospective business partners..
We may also use anonymous data collected for website administration, advertising and promotional purposes, and we may share such information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes. IP addresses are also used to provide anonymous aggregated data to advertisers about the volume of use on the SnagFilms Services, and non-personally identifiable information about your activities may be used to customize advertising messages. Anonymous usage and demographic information may also be shared with our advertisers and business partners.
We sometimes use your information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when we make changes to the SnagFilms Site or to fulfill a request by you to receive our weekly newsletter(s). We may also use your personal information to provide you with promotional information about SnagFilms's features, services, and other offerings that may be of interest to you, or to provide information or offers to you that are related to the SnagFilms Services on behalf of our business partners.
SnagFilms may display targeted advertisements based on your personal information. SnagFilms does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad, although advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
As we develop our business, we have the right to buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. In addition, we may transfer personally identifiable information about you if we, or one of our business units, are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company.
SnagFilms enables and encourages users to "snag" or take embeddable players with our films and related content from our Site, and to embed these players on personal web pages, blogs, and other sites operated by third parties whose policies regarding the handling of personal information may differ from ours. We hope that you will take our films with you via the embeddable player and enjoy and share them in this way; please read the privacy policies of the sites where you embed a player, as SnagFilms cannot be responsible for the information handling practices of these other sites.
Finally, SnagFilms stores information about which films you view in streaming flash format. This information may be used to determine Website usage patterns.
We will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with prior notice.
IV. HOW WE WORK WITH THIRD PARTY SOCIAL NETWORKS
To customize your experience on the Site and to simplify the Site's registration process, we provide you with the opportunity to access or interact with third party social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. When you connect to the Site through third party services, we may share information about you with these third party service providers and they may share data about you with us, including as follows:
- If you connect with a third party service, you will be able to publish information about your activities on the SnagFilms Services, such as your comments or the videos you watch, to that service by adjusting your settings on your Profile Settings page. Please note that when you choose to publish your information from SnagFilms.com to social networking services, that information will be visible to users of those services, in accordance with applicable law and the privacy policies of those services. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the services' privacy policies and privacy controls.
- If you visit SnagFilms.com while logged into one of these services, the third party service provider may be able to identify you and to associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information the service already has about you.
- We may also share your information with companies that provide services to third parties as part of that transaction.
SnagFilms's Profile Settings gives you the option to control certain information in your Profile (other than your first and last name) and how your information and activities are shared when you use the SnagFilms Services. You can change your Settings at any time by logging in and clicking "My Profile". In this way, you can control the sharing of certain information with other SnagFilms users and the publication of information to social networking services.
Please remember that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party services. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all third party service providers.
V. HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION
At certain parts of the SnagFilms Site, (e.g. to post a comment, sign up for our e-newsletter, responding to surveys, creating film Collections, creating a Queue, following other users, etc.) only persons who provide us with the requested personally identifiable information will be able to order products, programs, and services or otherwise participate in the relevant activities and offerings.
If you have a SnagFilms user account, you can:
- Adjust your Privacy Setting on your Profile. Through your Settings, you can choose which communications you receive from us, manage your public information, and set your sharing preferences. However, please note that it may not be possible to make certain information private on the Service, including your name and/or username, profile picture, and other basic information, such as your following relationships. Such information and other information which are set to "public" in your Settings, such as film Collections, may be used, re-shared or linked to by others on the Service or others across the web, so please use SnagFilms carefully and manage your Profile Settings regularly. Remember that if you make Profile content private, others who already subscribe to or otherwise have the details of such content may still have access to it. Also keep in mind that film Collections and other content added to your profile may include personal information, such as username, which could enable other persons to find you in the SnagFilms Service or other services. To change, customize, or limit access to or sharing of information collected from Facebook, please visit your account settings on that service.
- Close your SnagFilms account at any time. When you close your account, we'll deactivate it. However, any film Collections you created will remain visible on SnagFilms and you will remain listed as a follower of any Collections you followed. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access SnagFilms. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
VI. OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
We have put in place industry-standard physical and technical procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using the Sites, or providing personal information to us through any means, you do so at your own risk and you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of this site.
An important element of our safeguards to protect your personal information is verification of your identity before granting you access to your account via a unique password. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from SnagFilms, at all times.
VII. OUR COMMITMENT TO THE PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Protecting the privacy of young children is important to us. Snagfilms does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access our Site or player at any time or in any manner. If SnagFilms learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the this Site without verified parental consent, then SnagFilms will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
VIII. USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
SnagFilms is an online video service based in the U.S., and our offices are headquartered in the U.S. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the SnagFilms Services may be processed and transferred to the U.S. and be subject to U.S. law. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our website, participating in any of the SnagFilms Services, or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
IX. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about the online privacy statement for this site or its implementation you may contact us at email@example.com.
X. UPDATES & EFFECTIVE DATE
The Privacy Statement posted on this site was updated on or about October 28.